Special Offer – Get 50% off on BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera (Body Only) with Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount and get it for only $495 with Free Shipping. Also get a Free Shoe Mount, Wooden Camera 1/4-20 Hot Shoe Expires on August 31st, 2014
Regular Price: $995
Instant Rebate: $500
Final Price: $495
BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera A true Super 16 digital film camera that’s small enough to take anywhere!
Introducing the pocket sized Super 16 digital film camera that’s small enough to keep with you at all times, so you’ll never miss a shot! Get true digital film images with feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range, Super 16 sensor size, high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes recording and the flexibility of an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount, all packed into an incredibly tiny size! The BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera records 1080HD resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files direct to fast SD cards, so you can immediately edit or color correct your media on your laptop. BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera is everything you need to bring cinematic film look shooting to the most difficult and remote locations, perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, music festivals, ENG, protest marches and even war zones.
The BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera is a true high dynamic range film look camera in an extremely portable size, so now you can shoot cinema quality in situations never before possible! Imagine shooting a documentary, episodic television production, television commercial or independent film in the true quality of digital film. With its extremely compact size, you can covertly shoot important and historic events such as wars, protests and other conflict in cinema quality and get a more realistic record of the event. BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera is a true revolution in how you can shoot digital cinema!
Regular video cameras shoot limited dynamic range, which is why their pictures look like video. Digital cinema cameras have a much wider dynamic range and is the reason why high end television commercials and feature films look so beautiful. The BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a true film look because it captures a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops, so your images look truly cinematic. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading!
Precision engineered with state of the art technology, the BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera takes all the high quality features of a professional digital cinema camera and packs them into an incredibly small size. This premium quality design features a solid magnesium alloy chassis, an MFT mount for interchangeable optics, Super 16 size sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range and high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless CinemaDNG RAW file formats! Every aspect of the image path has been totally optimized for quality!
- Micro Four Thirds Lenses: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use the most incredible range of lenses. With the Super 16 size sensor you can use a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses, or use commonly available low cost Micro Four Thirds lenses and more.
- Record to SD Cards: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built in SD card recorder that captures stunning ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. As an open format, it’s compatible with most popular NLE software so you get a digital camera that’s perfectly designed for post production workflows.
- Open File Format: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. One of the few cameras to support true open file formats, so you’re not locked into a strange file that your editing software can’t handle.
- Ultra Portable Design: The camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy for incredible strength, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need for expensive accessories.
- High Resolution Display: The extremely high resolution 3.5 LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review recorded files on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time.
- Professional Connections: The professional connections on the side include a micro HDMI out with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that’s compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.