Cigna Corp. has appointed Noelle Eder as the insurance giant’s new global chief information officer, effective Sept. 14.Eder will lead Cigna’s global technology strategy. That includes overseeing development and delivery of digital capabilities, such as digital coaching services and online resources, that connect with the company’s members, customers and healthcare providers.Eder will serve as a member of Cigna’s enterprise leadership team and report to the company’s CEO and president, David M. Cordani.”Noelle brings a unique blend of business acumen, deep technical knowledge, and customer-centered design experiences,” Cordani said in a statement announcing Eder’s new role Wednesday.Eder replaces Mark Boxer, who left his roles as executive vice president and global CIO at Cigna in June, after nine years at the company. Boxer has since joined his alma mater, University of Hartford in Connecticut, as executive vice president and chief operating officer.Eder most recently served as chief information and digital officer at hotel and resort company Hilton Worldwide Holdings, where she oversaw infrastructure, cybersecurity, software engineering and product management. Previously, she worked at Capital One Financial Corp. as chief card customer experience officer.Eder is an independent director for electric company Ameren Corp. in St. Louis.Bloomfield, Conn.-based Cigna reported a 22% increase in income from operations during the second quarter of 2020, driven by lower utilization of healthcare services as members put off care during the COVID-19 pandemic. For the same reason, Cigna’s medical-loss ratio, which reflects the percentage of premiums spent on medical care, plummeted to 70.5%.
- Coronavirus: meet the Ontario researchers responsible for 3 world-firsts
- Marijuana Effects On Womens Reproductive Health
- 6 signs you’re eating too much salt
- Cat Deals at Petco: Save on over 500 items + free shipping w/ $35
- I’m Looking for a Psychologist Near Me. Where Do I Start?
- Clearance Action Figures at GameStop: 20% off + free shipping w/ $35
- Development of fully automated and ultrasensitive assays for urinary adiponectin and their application as novel biomarkers for diabetic kidney disease
- 400-Lumen Portable Rugged COB Work Light for $7 + $1.49 s&h
- Trump’s Executive Order on Preexisting Conditions Lacks Teeth, Experts Say
- Body Glove Men's Light Weight Ombre Print Jacket for $50 + free shipping w/ $50