Quorum Health said Friday that its CEO of less than two months is stepping down.The Brentwood, Tenn.-based hospital chain in July tapped Joey Jacobs, the former CEO of Acadia Healthcare, to head up the company. Quorum had just emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Dan Slipkovich, a member of the company’s board of managers, will be the interim CEO. Slipkovich is the founder and former chief executive of Capella Healthcare, the privately held, Franklin, Tenn.-based hospital chain that merged with RegionalCare Hospital Partners to create RCCH Health Partners in 2016. RCCH later merged with LifePoint Health in 2018. “As we continue to focus on how best to position Quorum Health for long-term growth following the success of its recent financial restructuring, the board and Joey together have determined that it is in the best interest of the company to move forward with a different leader,” Catherine Klema, the board chair, said in a statement.A Quorum spokeswoman wouldn’t elaborate on the reasons behind Jacobs’ departure. In a statement, Jacobs said the company is “well positioned for success.”Quorum, which operates 23 affiliated hospitals in rural and mid-sized markets in 13 states, said its financial position and operations are strong after it recently restructured its balance sheet. The company also said Friday that Suzanne Gibbons, a managing member at Davidson Kempner Capital Management, will join Quorum’s board.
- Short-term plans spent little on medical claims in 2019
- Alarming COVID-19 Data Shows Third Wave Brewing for U.S.
- Kid’s Waterproof Snow Boots as low as $18.19!
- RCMP seeking solution for bearded members’ mask options amid coronavirus
- How the JabberMask could put a smile back on everyone’s face
- Coronavirus Survey Halted After Workers Faced Racial Slurs, Officials Say
- Canary Flex WiFi Indoor/Outdoor Camera for $77 at checkout + free shipping
- WelbeHealth’s PACE Program Expands Its Footprint, Launches Home-Based Care Model
- Most Newborns of COVID-19-Infected Moms Fare Well
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is finally here! (Plus how to get bonus Amazon credit to spend!)